Answers to Questions About Your Household Moving Estimate
“Do I really need a free in home survey to take place for a moving estimate?” As one of the team members who answers the phones here at Clancy Moving, I’m frequently asked questions about ballpark quotes and the estimate process.
Yes, an accurate household moving estimate may only be calculated after a visual survey of your goods to be moved. Clancy Sales Representatives are trained moving estimators and a key member of the team responsible for making your move is stress-free. For example, they will take note of items that need special care or packaging. Clancy provides your move estimate service at no cost or obligation to you.
While in some cases we may be able to provide you with a rough estimate over the phone, one of our Clancy representatives may still insist on visiting your residence to meet with you before your move takes place. An in home survey is that important towards estimating the correct amount of manpower and equipment needed for your move as well as the amount of space your goods will occupy.
What to expect during your free in-home move survey:
- Your assigned Clancy Residential Sales Representative is here to provide you with necessary information and review the services that we can provide to you. They will also help explain to you, “Your Rights and Responsibilities as an Individual Shipper of Household Goods” (in accordance with US Department of Transportation guidelines, Click here to download your Rights-and-Responsibilities PDF) and will discuss how the moving process works. You will get all the details of what to expect from us as a licensed mover from start to finish.
- Another important topic that your Clancy Sales Representative will discuss with you is valuation. This is something arranged to ensure you have the proper coverage for all your belongings being moved or put into storage.
- Your Clancy Sales Representative will perform a walk-through of your home. From there they will get an idea of what is going and what is staying. They will also take note of items that need special care like paintings or sculptures. And they have a keen sense of where to look for things often forgotten but have to go with you on moving day (think of what’s in the corners of your attic, garages, basements, crawl spaces and sheds). They can also discuss with you warehouse storage or portable storage, packing and unpacking services, etc.
We ask you questions aiming to build the right move plan for you and exceed your expectations.
- Our sales representative will take a look at the access routes to your home. When the survey is complete the representative will be able to provide you with the most accurate price for your move.
- Other things they’ll be looking for include:
- How many stairs are there?
- How narrow are the stairwells?
- How wide are the entryway doors?
- Is there a service entrance and/or elevator?
- How steep is the driveway?
- Are there low hanging wires on the road leading to your residence?
For example: Some driveways are not accessible for a tractor trailer needed when moving long-distance or if you have a large home. If that is the case we may need to set up something called a shuttle. Which just means we would bring in a smaller truck to load the items directly at the house. From there we would park our tractor trailer down the road where we can safely transfer your items from the smaller truck. Safety of your personal belongings is very important to us every step of the way.
Ready to get your move quoted by Clancy? Please contact us today to schedule your free appointment!